“Without books, God is silent, justice dormant, natural science at a stand, philosophy lame, letters dumb, and all things involved in darkness. ”-A. Bartholini
Since its establishment on 28th of June, 2008 by our senior family members of 12th executive committee, it has passed multiple hurdles in its course from birth to late childhood.
The library is decorated with arranged book shelves, wonderfully painted walls with photos of each of the Executive Committees, in all, a well-lighted library in and out.
We have access to the news papers and magazines like Himal Khabar Patrika, Hope, Nagarik Dainik, etc.
Understanding the increasing interest of the literary lovers, the Parikrama Library opening has been extended to 5 days (Friday-Tuesday) a week.
With the increasing demand and need we are now equipped with telephone and internet facilities.
- Assignment of every books with accession number on time for effective distribution.
- Use of Dewey Decimal system of classification of books.
- Books arranged on the basis of their category—English, Nepali, Authors , Frequency of Issues, Series, etc.
- We now have English Dictionary, Nepali Dictionary, Encyclopedias, Atlas, Cook Books, Swasthani, Bhagwat Geeta,Vedas and many more.
- Book Donation Program is also conducted every year on the occasion of ‘International Book Donation Day-14th Feb.’
- We are glad to let you know that we now have a new printer, photocopy machine and scanner inside our well equipped library.
- Further we have now begun to reward the most frequent people to issue books from all disciplines.
Work on Progress:
- E-book system to facilitate with soft copies in collaboration with Nepal Library Association.
- We are trying to make Parikrama Library accessible via internet. Through this, Library member could order and reserve the preferable books.
Without the cooperation of our fellow family members and without the inexorable thirst of our voracious readers, the library wouldn’t have been what it is today. We hope to continue serving as your oasis in the occasional times of institute-turned-desert through our library, in the years to come as well.